It's now September - baby month! We've been playing out in the backyard in the mornings, and it's a stark contrast to a few weeks ago - cool air, cool, dewy grass. I've even spied a few trees starting to change. This means that it's almost my favorite season.
Along with the red trees and cooler temperatures, September means football! We're in State College this weekend for the first Penn State game and tailgate of the year. After this weekend I won't be leaving Carlisle until baby arrives. William's excited to put all of his PSU fight songs / alma mater knowledge to use, and we're looking forward to seeing family and friends (and what Coach O'Brien's got in store with this poor team!).
In McCombie family news, we had an appointment this week and everything looks great. From there, William and I went to his preschool for a see-the-classroom and meet-the-teachers day. He's got two very nice teachers (Ms. Nichelle and Ms. Stacy) and 8 other kids in his 2.5 year old class. The Mommies stayed with them, and it was just for an hour to check things out and get used to the idea... this Tuesday is the big "first day." He loved it - met some little friends, and mainly they all just wandered around checking out all of the different toys. The school is really, really nice - I'm so happy with it so far. Super nice director and teachers, nice facilities. I can't believe I'll be leaving him there two days a week - but it's only two and a half hours. It should actually be perfect for some time alone with the new baby on those Tuesday and Thursday mornings (or more likely frantic errand-running with just the infant carrier, because I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night terrified of all of the logistics of having TWO!).
I didn't want to be the annoying parent taking pictures in the classroom, but did snap these while we were waiting to go in. They make me tear up. He looks so big. Not even three and so excited about school. I was a proud Mommy that day.



No comments:
Post a Comment