And another profile shot because I for some reason feel compelled to document the end of the pregnancy. This was 2 days ago at 38 weeks 5 days:
We had a pretty long week - William was very sick this past weekend with what turned out to be cold-induced asthma - we went to the Dr. and the poor guy got a prescription for an inhaler and the whole kit and caboodle. It is NOT the type of asthma that will require him to sit out of sports, etc. - it's only when he has a bad cold and settles into his chest. He was very lethargic, wheezing... it was pretty scary. He fell asleep in the middle of the day on the dining room floor... something he NEVER, ever does. He was pretty miserable, and we were worried. Apparently 75% of kids with egg allergies have asthma symptoms. Wonderful. Hope he grows out of it for his sake!
In any case, after a few days of medicine and treatments he is back to his cute little (rambunctious) self. Gula was here earlier in the week visiting and helping us, and this afternoon Nanna is picking him up to spend the weekend with she and Grandpa - lucky guy! He is VERY excited about this.
I'm trying not to get too excited about the update from the Dr.'s office this morning but I can't help but think that this would be a perfect time for baby to arrive - a weekend, so Esch is not in school... William would be having fun with his grandparents and we wouldn't have to worry about calling anyone in the middle of the night to come stay with him, etc. Plus - my 30th birthday is on Monday! It would be exciting to have the baby as a little early gift, or even on that day.
So here we are - September 21st. Tomorrow is the first day of fall. It's gorgeous out today - it was nice and cool in the morning - jeans and long-sleeves weather - but is now sunny and almost 80. A perfect football and tailgating weekend... poor Esch is staying home from State College to be with me. I know that if we tried to make the trip, sure enough I'd go into labor, stuck somewhere on 322 in football traffic... and of course, most likely, since we are staying home, nothing will happen. Oh well. We don't want to chance it.
Every night I go to bed thinking, "This could be it! I'll wake up in the middle of the night and it will be time to grab the hospital bag!" but alas, I wake up every morning still very large and very pregnant.
I've heard an old wives' tale about eggplant parmesan being a natural labor inducer... so tonight for a date night while William is out of town, Esch and I are going out for Italian. My confession is that I don't even like eggplant, but I am willing to eat it - can't hurt, right?
This won't be my only food-based attempt at getting this show on the road - today Johanna was visiting (!) and I had some nice spicy Thai food for lunch. Spicy things, walking... I'm willing to try anything within reason! Can't wait, and of course baby will come on his or her own time, but am just very, very excited.
Hope everyone has a great weekend - and I also hope that maybe, just maybe, the next update will be able to begin with, "It's a...."


No comments:
Post a Comment