Saturday, August 25, 2012

35 weeks

Yesterday we hit 35 weeks (35 days to go until the due date - and I'm guessing, but don't want to jinx myself! - more like 25).


I'm thinking the baby website writers are really stretching for fruits large enough to compare to babies this late in  pregnancy. I've never seen an 18.7" long coconut. In any case, baby is apparently very big in there, because I think I already look more like I swallowed a watermelon, which is not the comparison fruit for another 2 weeks.

This was taken in the middle of last week, so 34.5 weeks...


And, to compare, this link shows a picture of me at about the same time with William.

Still feeling good, just more and more sore each day. In the grand scheme of things, nothing to complain about at all. I'm just so excited to meet this little one. Bought a few neutral outfits (yellow and white striped, and a few pretty, plain white things) to take to the hospital with us. Talked to our nice neighbor today, who agreed to be our "middle of the night call" if things start happening and we need someone to watch William (who we hope would just remain asleep in bed). I'm hoping baby decides to arrive on a weekend, so Nanna won't be in school, and she and Grandpa can come down. We shall see! Baby William woke me up and  "announced" that he was ready to come around 2 a.m. on a Sunday night (well, technically Monday morning).

Speaking of WW, a couple of pictures from a Moms club activity yesterday: "pick your own bouquet" at a cute local farm.



Tonight is my LAST photo session before my self-planned maternity leave. I was supposed to have 2 more, but cancelled them. I just can't get up and down quickly, lay on the ground, chase little ones, etc. like I usually do. I have a few shoots left to edit, and then will be DONE.

2 comments: