Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Morning

Yesterday we had all of William's grandparents here - it was so fun! Nanna and Grandpa came down in the morning, Grandpa helped Daddy paint, and William, Nanna and myself had coffee (or water out of a sippy cup) at the Carlisle Bakery and shopped. When we came home for lunch, the boys watched the PSU game (which we will not mention again) and later that afternoon Gula and Pop-Pop stopped on their way home from Hilton Head. Everyone stayed for dinner (which Daddy made on the grill - shrimp and veggie kebabs - yum!) and we had a great time.

This morning it was back to usual, Daddy was off to the library, and William and I had a nice morning just relaxing. Matchboxes were played with, a few cartoons were watched, and then little feet first got wet in the dewy backyard and next covered in dust in the sandbox. It really felt like fall - clear and sunny but cooler and SO comfortable out. 




 A new favorite.


I couldn't help thinking something along the lines of "this is the life" while I alternated between reading a book on my Kindle, listening to stories about William's construction site, and answered questions about why the sun and the moon were in the sky at the same time. Georgia lazed in the grass, William had a snack, and we had a grand old time. 


Airplane!


(Winter melon) - Baby has reached full term. He or she likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Baby's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.

37 weeks and 2 days along now. Had an OB appointment on Friday and everything is fine - nothing to report. Hoping maybe to only have one more weekly appointment, but we'll see! All day today I kept thinking that this felt like the Sunday the day before William was born. We were just at home, doing little projects, it was sunny and pretty out. I remember that I made a lasagne to freeze for after he arrived, but later that night I woke up and knew it was time to head to the hospital. I also remember coming home with a new baby a few days and finding the house just as we left it - lasagne in the fridge and ready to eat. I don't think tonight will be the night, but it's crazy to think that you never know, and it could be. (This is prompting me to tidy up every night juuuust in case we end up with a few-weeks-early surprise. )

Now Daddy's home from the school, and it's time to make dinner. I think we'll be having pesto pasta with Nanna's apple pie for dessert. Perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment