Monday, June 22, 2009

A Father's Day Surprise

This has been an eventful past week! 3 appointments in 4 business days (our poor jobs!). After the "big" ultrasound last week which told us that it's a boy, we had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Cutler today to discuss the results. Everything looks great, and William's heart rate is still perfect at 150 beats per minute. Unfortunately, as Esch explained in his last post, the little one was not cooperating and the ultrasound tech couldn't get a good view of the spine to take the needed measurements. I have to go back in for a "re-do."Soooo, back I go tomorrow. It's always fun to get to see the baby, so I'm not complaining!

In even better news -Yesterday was Father's Day, and both Esch and I got to talk to our wonderful Dads. We love you! We hope that we can each be as wonderful a parent as you are.

After a day of crib shopping, clearing out the 2nd guest room to prepare for making it a nursery, a nice hike and swim with Georgia, we were relaxing and watching the U.S. Open.

I felt William kick around a few times, and thought - just maybe - it was now strong enough for Esch to try to feel him. Sure enough, a few seconds after I put Esch's hand on the spot, there it was! Esch's eyes got really big, and I screamed. For some reason, this was even more exciting than feeling William move by myself - it was so great for his Dad to "touch" him for the first time, especially on Father's Day.

I will always, always remember that. Can't wait to tell William about the special gift he gave his dad on Esch's "first" Father's Day. :)

I'll post again tomorrow after the ultrasound - hope they'll still give me a CD of photos even though we are back for seconds because "we" didn't cooperate the first time around. Can't wait to see if William has moved out of that breech position.

Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment