Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ahem!


Dad-to-be is writing today- ANNOUNCEMENT!!

*COUGH* *COUGH* Attention please! Due November 17th, 2009 is William Wesley McCombie!! According to the doctor we are having a health baby boy. And, I have to say, he is obviously a boy.

This sonogram was nuts (bad pun I know, but warranted). The doctor asked us if we wanted to know and with a overly excited “yes” we made her aware at the beginning of the appointment. Then, 20 minutes later, out of no where, she let us have it. She skipped the “do you have a guess?” the “are you ready?” and simply said, “there’s the foot, the knee, leg, boy parts…it’s a boy…the other leg.” Talk about a lack of theatrics and feel for excitement. WE on the other hand could barely contain ourselves. Of course, the first time I said the name out loud I began to tear up, and Erin had a smile ear to ear.

Beyond the previously described shenanigans, the doctor also had a strange way of saying the baby’s positioning wasn’t cooperating. Instead of just using the last sentence, she would say, “I don’t see the ventricles,” or “I can’t see the spine.” WHAT?!?! Are you kidding me? She was like the doctor on Family Guy. Erin went white in the face, finally I had to ask her to clarify that DUE TO THE POSITIONING SHE COULDN’T SEE THESE THINGS. After making Erin move around, touch her toes, etc., she found them.

So now the real fun starts; decorating, buying clothes, toys, Penn State Football jerseys (…and onesies, full body hoodies, lion outfits, etc.). Can we register at Lion’s Pride? Steve seems to think we have a short-stop on our hands, I’ve always been under the impression a long snapper is the way to go. Unfortunately I don’t think any child of mine or Erin’s will have the appropriate body type for that. So thank you everyone who follows our blog. Safe travels to all of our family spread across the U.S. and the world. We love and miss you all. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and hopefully we’ll see you soon!

1 comment: