Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gwennie is 2 months old

I am posting out of order... have to share some pictures from our great Thanksgiving, but while it is fresh in my mind I wanted to be sure to do Gwen's 2 month update.



On Sunday our baby girl celebrated another 25th of the month. She is getting cuter by the day - long lashes, so many smiles, and even some first little laughs.


Proving that crazy hair and chubby cheeks can be adorable in a gal! :)

...as well as one very lovable double chin.



At her 2 month checkup today, I was so thrilled to learn that she's 12 pounds 2 ounces (81st percentile)! I always worry about weight gain since William as a baby was very low in the percentiles (went as low as the 5th and 7th). She is also very "tall" - 24 inches, which puts her in the 95th percentile. Everything looks wonderful according to the Dr. and I overhead a nurse saying that she was gorgeous in the hallway, so of course I came away feeling like one very happy Mama.

She's such a little doll. So smiley, starting to coo and giving us one or two laughs a day. I've tried and tried to coax them out for a video, but so far things are making her giggle when I'm not ready with a camera nearby.

She is still sleeping well - her "usual" night is to be in bed by 9:30 or 10, and not waking until about 4. She nurses and goes back to sleep pretty easily, and then usually wakes again at 6, eats, and goes back to sleep until 7 or so. Sometimes she wakes up at midnight or 2, but we do usually get a good long first stretch of the night. Over Thanksgiving at Nanna and Grandpa's, she set a new record and slept straight through until 6 a.m.! I considered that "through the night" and marked it on her calendar.

This week we set up Gwennie's first Christmas tree. William was so cute, and excitedly bouncing around the room, "helping" Dad with the lights, pulling long-lost Christmas decorations, books, and toys out of the many boxes brought down from the attic.






We had a Christmas CD playing... it was one of those moments when I stop, look around, and can't believe that this is my family. We're so lucky.



Big Brother was not so thrilled to take a picture at first - can you imagine?! If not, here is a visual:


He quickly redeemed himself and was back in the Christmas spirit.





Less than a month until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment