Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry and Bright

...and our Christmas was white!

I thought I'd do two separate posts to give homes to all of our holiday photos.

Our first wonderful stop was in Clarion, at Gula and PopPop's house! We were there from Wednesday evening until Christmas morning. They waited to decorate their tree AND their cookies until we arrived, so we got to participate in those traditions, with wine and eggnog, of course!




Two days before Christmas... getting in the spirit!



William was in love with the TWO full-size trees, and all the other beautiful decorations. He also got to play in the snow for the very first time! (See, I KNEW it! As soon as I jumped the gun and took snowsuit pictures without any snow, they had some on the ground in Clarion.)


Gula's special Christmas Eve dinner with friends and family was fabulous as always, with 26 (is that right?) guests. All of her hard work made the meal and the party, as one guest (an Indian student in the U.S. and away from his family) said, "the warmest night." He was very sweet, and very right.


We all went to bed a bit after midnight (W, of course, much earlier at his usual 7:00) and woke up to perfect, huge snowflakes tumbling. From there, it was all coffee, stockings, presents, and smiles.

William was so spoiled by Santa, Aunt Erika, Gula, and PopPop! What a lucky boy. He didn't really understand what was going on, of course, but I'd say that he still looks pretty thrilled, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment