
I say "my" for William, but it was also special to Esch and I as our first baby's first birthday!
I had so much fun with the preparations, and of course even more fun having our families here to share in the special day for our W.
We watched a movie of his first year (I tried to keep it watchably short! It was only 12 minutes! ;) and it seemed to be a hit. We opened presents, ate lunch, and then sang Happy Birthday to the guest of honor! He wasn't especially thrilled with his "smash cake" and we didn't get the huge mess we were hoping for (honestly, little one! The ONE time I encourage you to throw your food and rub it all over your face!) but he liked his "William" candles.
He LOVES his gifts and loved playing with his grandparents, great-grandparents and uncles! We are now counting down until Thanksgiving when William gets to see his Great-Gran and Aunt Erika!


No comments:
Post a Comment