
38 weeks! I now know why they call it "expecting."It is just a waiting game at this point, and it's all I can think about! This is my second-to-last week at work, which is crazy. I can't believe how fast the past few months, especially, have gone. The fact that it's finally November is amazing to me; it seemed like this time would never come.
We kept ourselves busy this weekend with the very last things on our to-do lists. Esch installed the carseat, which seems very surreal. Whenever I get in the car, I look into the back seat and can't believe it. Soon there will be a little guy snuggled inside.
Last Wednesday, Esch's wonderful colleagues had a Baby Shower for us! I could not believe all the food (it was a delicious pot-luck, and honestly, WOW! There are some great cooks and bakers at Progressive!) and generous gifts... including a beautiful hand-made diaper cake. We felt so lucky, and can't say how thankful we are for everyone thinking of us. It was fun to see (and meet some of the people I have heard a lot about, but never met) everyone, and to receive some baby and parenting advice. Thank you, again, to all (and thanks to Lisa for taking & sending us these pictures).
Next appointment is on Friday; dying to see if there will have been any "progress" (there was not at last week's). I have a feeling William will not be coming on time, and so far do not feel like anything is happening. We'll see, though.
Next appointment is on Friday; dying to see if there will have been any "progress" (there was not at last week's). I have a feeling William will not be coming on time, and so far do not feel like anything is happening. We'll see, though.
In any case, he will be here in less than 3 weeks as the induction date, if we need it, is the 21st. My parents will be here on the 20th, and the McCombies will be here on the 25th! Everyone will celebrate Thanksgiving together at our house. Aboslutely cannot wait to introduce them to their grandson.
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment