I can't believe how fast the week has gone - and how great he already is! We have been sleeping at least 5-6 hours a night; I can't believe it. He's been eating every 2 hours during the day, and every 3 at night.
Today Daddy had to go back to work, which was very sad for all of us, but Nanna is here (Grandma Grim!) and is saving us!
The first few days at home with just Esch, William, and I were surreal - especially the very first afternoon when we walked through the door with the baby. It was really strange to see our things where we had left them - like nothing had changed in the past 2 days... but it certainly had! The book I tried to read while timing contractions in the middle of the night was still on the coffee table, and other little everyday things left out and about just seemed so odd.
The first few days at home with just Esch, William, and I were surreal - especially the very first afternoon when we walked through the door with the baby. It was really strange to see our things where we had left them - like nothing had changed in the past 2 days... but it certainly had! The book I tried to read while timing contractions in the middle of the night was still on the coffee table, and other little everyday things left out and about just seemed so odd.
I felt like a new person walking into our home after having been cooped up in the hospital room for 48 hours. Esch carried William around the house and showed him his room, introduced him to his doggie sister, etc. It was all just perfect and quiet and peaceful. I think that both of our adrenaline was still keeping us going, so we felt pretty good.
The next few days flew by - feeding, changing, holding, sleeping. William honestly is so good - I don't know what we did to deserve such a good baby! Of course I am partial, but he is just beautiful, too. :) We have taken so many pictures; I hope I am not posting and sending too many!
Nanna arrived on Saturday night, and it was so fun to see her face when she walked through the door and saw her grandson for the first time. We are so lucky that she is here, and of course William just loves her! We can't wait for Grandpa Grim (coming Friday) and Grandma and Grandpa McCombie & Aunt Erika to meet him in the next days/weeks. Everyone will be here together for Thanksgiving, but we'll miss Uncle David and Uncle Andrew! They will get to meet him a few weeks later at Christmas, when everyone is coming back again!
Yesterday (Sunday), Naomi, a newborn photographer, came to the house for a family and baby shoot - she was here for more than 4 hours! We had to take breaks to feed and change William - and had several little incidents during nude pictures with pees and poops! It was fun, and I cannot wait to see the pictures of our little muffin.
Congratulations, sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time!! William is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou could never post "too many" photos! Thank you for sharing your experience - glad to hear everything is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI agree, you can't post too many photos. I love the spelling Nanna Grim chose :)
ReplyDeleteCould there be too many photos of a new baby??
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that everyone is adjusting well!! You look wonderful! :)