Ta-da! Esch will be giving the appointment update this week! I am happy to report that I gained 4 lbs in the past 4 weeks which is exactly on target (yay!) and the Dr. said everything is perfect so far. And now, without further ado - The Daddy-to-be's point of view.
What is the size of a pea and can put down 163 beats a minute? Our baby’s heart! Today was awesome, we got to hear noises coming from our baby for the first time. And of course, I cried, I get that from my mom and expect that whatever the child is (boy/girl, not sure why I felt the need to specify here) he/she will have the same leaky faucets for eyes. Erin has done a great job and looks beautiful, the doctor was very impressed. She is starting to get a little tum, which is very cute. And the doctor showed us right where the baby is sitting…lower right if you were wondering. Oh, and there was only one heartbeat…baby McCombie doesn’t have a sister or brother hiding behind a fallopian tube or anything.
AND we found out that in 3 weeks Erin goes back in for an ultrasound that will be the one which tells us whether that little thing is a boy or a girl. I’ve noticed the boy/girl race is neck and neck on the blog, hurry and get your votes in because time is running out. Erin seems to think it will be a boy, while I suspect a girl. So long as the baby is healthy, I don’t think either of us care. In fact, when I saw the second ultrasound (the alien one) I was just happy to see that the baby no longer looked like a mouse eating cheese (the first ultrasound). 15 weeks! That means we only have 25 more weeks to go, and lots to do. We’ve been looking at nursery stuff but have decided to wait until we know for sure what we are having (again, boy/girl). It has been a lot of fun going to Babies R Us, especially once I realized that eventually this will lead to going back to Toys R Us.
We’re excited to come home this weekend and see everyone. It’s Aunt Erika’s graduation and Uncle Andrew is getting ready to start his first job in sunny Minneapolis. Unfortunately, Uncle David will still be in Africa so we won’t get to see him on this trip. Lots of good news and exciting times in the Grim and McCombie households. I hope you are all well and that you had a nice holiday weekend. Keep reading the posts.
Ps- if you haven’t noticed, the baby is due just before the last PSU game of the regular season. I’m only guessing here, but I think it will probably be a Penn State fan and give the team the push needed to get a big bowl win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, Daddy Esch!
ReplyDelete