I'm very late in posting these. We've had a busy past few weeks.
Over the week of the 4th of July, William and I were lucky enough to have a great vacation with Nanna and Grandpa (AND Gran, Aunts Amy and Lucy and their families)! Poor Esch had to work (he has 2 internships this summer and is working full time), and we missed him very much.
The house (built in the 1700s!) was in South Yarmouth, but we went on day trips almost every day - to Chatham, Martha's Vineyard, and Marconi. Some absolutely gorgeous beaches, and unbelievable homes.
On the 4th, the nextdoor neighbors put on a huge (we had heard that they'd do one, but couldn't believe how big it was!) fireworks display. The houses are right on the water of a bay leading out to the ocean, so they shot them off of their dock, just 50 yards or so from us. It was the first time WW had seen fireworks, and he was terrified at first, poor guy. The noise really scared him, so I took him inside. Eventually he was curious enough to peek back out, and ended up loving the whole thing. We sat with Nanna, Grandpa, and Gran on the big porch overlooking the water. There were dozens of displays going off in a 180 degree view, all up and down the Cape. We could see other family's shows as well as big town fireworks. It was definitely a 4th to remember!
We ate lots and lots of delicious seafood (I tried a soft shell crab sandwich... do you know what that looks like?! It was yummy, but I was surprised when it was served!), William had his first real big boy ice cream (and loved it), and he really took to the water and sand. He was jumping in the surf, laughing, and having a ball. He also made BOTH 8 hour+ trips 100% successfully potty trained with no accidents, and would tell us when he needed to stop to go. I was very proud.
Here are some pictures - it might be easier to click on one to enlarge them, and that way you can just click on to the next picture. Easier and faster to see!
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment