Monday, April 23, 2012

Another week, another time I'm late in posting. On Friday we were 17 weeks.
Thursday I had an appointment, and everything looks great. No ultrasound, but I did get to hear the baby's heartbeat (chugging away at 130ish BPM). The Dr. said he could tell that the baby was moving, as we could hear the heartbeat move away from the doppler and fade, then come back again. Our next appointment is in about a month, and it's the "big ultrasound" when they do lots of measurements and really get a good look at baby. If we wanted, they could determine the sex, but we are still holding strong in wanting to be surprised in September! I'm feeling lots of little movements now, mostly at night after dinner or when I'm sitting still. Little flutters and sometimes now I can even tell what side of my belly the baby is nestled in. I keep thinking that Esch will be able to feel the baby move soon, and William will ask about once a day to feel, which is so sweet. Nothing yet, but I think any time this should happen, it was about this point in William's pregnancy. Esch is in finals-studying mode again (this semester flew by), and this was by far my busiest month photography wise. This weekend we were in State College for a night. Had 2 shoots, but one was rained out. It's apparently SNOWING in parts of PA today! Crazy, crazy cold weather for the end of April. This morning, a dreary day, I pulled out a little activity for William which he loved. Not sure what the correct name is, but we did some "magic" (as he called it) with those little pellets which, when you drop them in warm water, expand into sponge shapes. He was enthralled.
Thanks, Nanna and Grandpa for watching WW while I worked! See you in 3 weeks for David's graduation. We're so excited. AND the next day, we leave for Hilton Head for a week with Gula, Pop Pop and Erika! Counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment