You say those words maybe 100 times a day. And that is not even an exaggeration (just ask your Dad)!
I've called you my little honey bunny for a while now, and something clicked for you in the past few weeks that - Hey! I can say both of those words! - and you now call ME your honey bunny. I can't think of a cuter sound (other than when you called me Mama for the first time). Your little voice is so sweet and still very baby-like.
However, there's also a game you play with Daddy - when he says "Hi William," in a low, low voice, you come back with its opposite, and say in a squeaky, high-pitched half-whisper, "Hi Daddy!" When he changes it up and does the high-pitched version, you immediately do a low one. This is accompanied by a funny little face as you make your baritone voice. It cracks us, and you, up. All babies love to make people laugh, of course, but you are really a little ham lately. When you do something, you always look at us ask, "Funny?" If it was something naughty, and you know it, you look at us and make it more of a statement. "Funny!" As in, "OH, Mom. OH, Dad. Look at me. Aren't I FUNNY?!" Sometimes, Buddy, sometimes.
We moved into our new house this week (which, instead of calling your "home new," as you did for a few weeks when we talked about moving here, you call "back home). You LOVE the house - so do we. It's so nice to see you here, in the first home you'll really have memories of. You're already making some for us - tearing around the downstairs, which is a big, connected circle, and giggling at the ability to just run, run, run as long as you like. You peek around corners, and are finding special little nooks and areas that you like
The biggest news in our lives this week besides the physical moving of our family is that you're sleeping in A BIG BOY BED! Not even a toddler bed - we decided to go right from the crib to a twin. It's a nice sleigh bed that we had in our second guest room in Austin, complete with a brand new pillow-top mattress. Only one person ever slept on it - your Nain, when she visited us in Texas before you were even born. That room quickly became a nursery!
You like to have Mommy lay down in the bed with you until you get drowsy, so we just talk, sing a little, read books, and snuggle until your eyes get heavy. I pull your special "Roar-roar" (bear blanket) over you, stare at the cuteness and marvel at how BIG you are, and sneak out. You have slept through the night your first two nights in your big boy room, and taken good naps both days. I wake up a lot at night now, and we're using a monitor again, which is funny and kind of like having a newborn again, because I'm so worried that you're going to fall out. We have rails up, but you are such a crazy sleeper (today you were perpendicular when you woke up, and you were known in your crib to wake up in every cardinal direction) and I'm nervous. But so far, it's going incredibly well. Can't believe it. My big boy. So proud of his firetruck room. (I'll have to post pictures soon - just waiting for your new curtains to arrive in the mail!)
Right now you're upstairs with your Daddy getting a bath and a book, and I'm counting the minutes until I get to snuggle you to sleep.
Goodnight, Honey Bunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment