Thursday, September 16, 2010

10 months - 1 week late

Since William did this week's post (heehee), I didn't yet get a chance to address the fact that he is TEN MONTHS OLD!

This time last year, I was getting fairly round (ok, huge) and dealing with the stifling September heat in Texas. I was counting down the weeks, and still enjoying that wonderful expectancy. I had an idea of how much I'd love this little person, and pictured our lives with him, but the daydreams came nowhere close.

Now I'm chasing a beautiful little boy with twinkling eyes around the house. He waves, he stands, he feeds himself finger foods. The tiny bundle of a baby who I first held in November is almost gone.

Sometimes I feel like I must drive him absolutely crazy with my nearly-constant photo-taking, but honestly, without these pictures, the moments pass by and the memories, though I can try to keep them filed away, really do fade. It's hard to remember what he looked like at 5 months, let alone how tiny and weightless he felt in our arms at 2 weeks old. Thank goodness for the hundreds of snapshots we've taken. I sometimes click through the files on the computer marked "November 2009," "January 2010," etc., and cannot believe that the baby in those scenes is our William.

So no matter how ridiculous I feel sometimes, that there are weeks when I upload photos of him EVERY single day, I know that it's worth it. I already appreciate the documentation of his first year - I can only imagine how much these pictures will mean to me when he is waiting for the school bus, learning how to drive, and going to college.

Here is my boy, 10 months old. Such a character, so much personality, and sometimes still a baby. I just don't ever want to forget:

How inquisitive he is.


How his overall strap is almost always askew.


How he can sometimes be so serious.


But also so very, VERY silly.


Bathtime. Ohhh, bathtime. Both of our favorite!


And finally, how he looks like this when I close the nursery door at night.

1 comment:

  1. That was one of the sweetest things ever. It actually made me tear up. We certainly love our little boys, don't we?

    ReplyDelete