Thursday, September 30, 2010

Countdown to One: First days

Esch was in Philly yesterday and didn't get home until late - for the first time in a long time, I put William to bed and the house was totally quiet. I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop to edit my photos, and got sidetracked looking at a few albums on the computer, especially one titled "Baby's First Day." I stared and stared at the pictures. Every parent in history has felt the same way, but I can't believe that that tiny baby is now our William. Some days I feel like I can barely remember when he was born, but seeing these photos did bring it all back.


2 minutes old. Brand new. First picture with his Dad. How very proud Esch is.


I held him in the delivery room but only for a few minutes, and then he was whisked away. Here we are in the recovery room (our home for 2 days)... our first real cuddles.
He is 2 hours old.

First full day at home. I cannot get over how teeny tiny he is here.
His whole body fits in Esch's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment