
Dear William,
Today you are 6 months old. Last year on Mother's Day, we told our families that you were coming (see the pictures!) and now you're here. All of my early appointments - getting to see you on the ultrasound, hearing your heartbeat - were the most exciting things to ever happen to me and your Daddy! Now that you've been with us, out in the world for 6 months, there have been so many more amazing days.
-November 9th, 2009 - Your Daddy and I driving in silence to the hospital, so excited, so nervous, maybe still a little bit in disbelief. Hearing the nurse tell us that YES, you would be here soon, and then a few hours later, hearing you cry for the first time. Touching you for the first time, holding, feeding, and kissing you for the first time.
-Introducing you to your Nanna, Grandpa, Gula, and Grandpa... your Aunt Erika and Uncles David and Andrew... your Nain and Taid, Gran, and Mommy's "Dad's Dad." Each one of these days was so amazing for your Daddy and me.
-I think that by far - for me - the most incredible day (even more emotional for your crazy Mommy than when you were born) was when you smiled at me for the first time. I was playing with you on our bed, making silly faces as I had been for a few weeks, just dying to see you smile. And you did. Your little eyes were looking right at me, and you opened your mouth into a huge smile that lasted for about a second... the best one second of my life! I will never, ever forget that. I cried, and then I yelled for your Daddy to come upstairs to see.
So many fun days we've already had together! Some nights sprinkled here and there have been not-so-fun, but that's ok. No matter how tired and groggy we might be at 1 a.m. (and 2, 4, and 5:30...) it's quickly forgotten when we pick you up, rock you, and watch you fall back to sleep.
So many thousands of pictures we've taken of you! Our perfect little angel. We love you so much.
Today, on your 6-month birthday, these are the things YOU love:
-Your dog, Georgia. You've started to be enamored with her in the past few weeks! Any time you're crying, we desperately call for Georgia to come over so you can see her. As soon as that big brown face appears, you squeal, kick, and scream until you can reach out and touch her... which is followed by more screams. It is endlessly entertaining and so cute to watch!
-Bananas, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal. You're doing SO well with your solid foods. It's fun to feed you; I love it. We do this twice a day - in the morning after your first meal, and at dinner time. You open your mouth expectantly like a little baby bird when it's something you like. (When it's not - for example, the dreaded peas, you won't open that mouth for ANYthing!)
-"Flying." You love when your Daddy holds you up in the air and you have a whole new view of the world.
-For some reason, you love your Dad's hair! It cracks us up. He puts his head down on your tummy and you just "pet" his head, smiling and squealing away. (This is ironic, because your hair is also so soft that we pet it all the time, too!)
-Teething toys. We're expecting your first tooth any time now. You are drooling up a storm and putting EVERYthing in your mouth. Your favorites are your giraffe Sophie, Tigger, your keys, and your trucks.
-Reading. Of course we think you're a genius. You've loved sitting quietly and being read to since you were really little. It's adorable.
-Sleeping on your side. You are the cutest little sleeper - always rolling into an "L" shape. No matter how big I think you're getting, when I sneak a peak of you in your crib when you're fast asleep, you look so tiny and peaceful.
All I want for Mother's Day is to squeeze you. Maybe I'll even luck out and get a "kiss" - when you try to eat my cheek or nose! I love you to death, William Wesley.
Happy HALF Birthday!
Love,
Mommy
what a sweet note, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat was adorable, Erin!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day Erin, and happy half-birthday to your little man! :)
ReplyDelete