Monday, January 18, 2010

Perfect Ten






It is completely inconceivable to me, but William is TEN weeks old today! As I write, he is in his swing, "talking" to the mobile of little lambs. This is the first time he's done this... it's so amazing how literally every day brings something new. His smiles are frequent and huge, and as Esch said, the absolute best thing in life! I'm looking forward to hearing him laugh for the first time - that should be our next little milestone.

I know that the next few years of his life will be like this - something new every day, whether it's a word, figuring out peekaboo, learning to use his hands - but it is still amazing, and I can't get over all of the little things.

I'd like to get back to blogging once a week, so I'll keep it on Mondays - the day he turns another week older. I think I'll be ambitious and try to include a few "Pictures of the Week" too... so everyone can see how much he is growing and changing.

Only two more weeks left of my maternity leave. He will be twelve weeks old the day I start back. Unbelievable! The past ten weeks have been the best of life. The other day Esch said to me, "You're so HAPPY." It's true! What is there to not be happy about? We have a beautiful, healthy, sweet little baby who has completely changed our lives.

Above are a few snapshots of life in our household this week: enjoying the high-60-degree sunny weekend, Daddy reading Curious George (to a surprisingly Curious Baby! He was really looking at the pages!), and the beginnings of learning to play with his toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment