We're all in the holiday spirit lately - Gwen is preparing for her many firsts. Here she's wearing "My First Christmas" PJs that were William's.
Our little man is now very into Star Wars - can you tell? Though he's never seen the movies, his Daddy reads him books and knows all about the characters. As soon as Esch gets home in the evening, he is asked, "Do you want to battle me?"
We're having fun with holiday traditions including making the salt dough ornaments I made with Nanna growing up. I will never forget how William kept asking if he could eat them. After saying no for the 13th time and explaining that they do look like cookies but are not, in fact, food, I let him sample the dough (which is just water, flour, and salt) - he was not thrilled with the taste. Georgia must have been, though - she later tried to eat one ill-fated, low-hung star off of the tree.
Last week we had 2 days in the high 60s, and took advantage with walks and some much-needed park time.
Gwennie had fun, too:
Last weekend we bundled up at night and took the kids to the Boiling Springs (nearby small town) Tree Lighting. It was cute - hundreds of luminaries all around the lake in the park, hundreds of people, free candy canes and hot chocolate, a lovably out-of-tune high school band playing carols, and the big event... after the tree, which was floating in the middle of the water suddenly burst to life during "O Christmas Tree"... SANTA appeared, moving toward the waiting crowd in a rowboat. William liked it; Gwen snoozed.)
Gwen and I are best friends and are already sharing clothing. Here, she's wearing my first dress circa 1982. I thought it was cute...
she thought it was delicious.
One of those warm afternoons I bribed WW into a few pictures in the back yard with promises of sandbox play. It was warm enough for short sleeves and probably about the same temperature as inside the house, but I still put Gwen in her winter bunting because... well, look at it!
William spent a long weekend in Clarion with Gugu and Pop-Pop, and at night after Dad was done studying (he is taking his first final as I type this), we got to have some rare quiet time with Gwennie. She is full of coos, and happy little squeals are her newest trick.
Our friend DeeDee the elf is back this year. Each morning he magically appears in a new place and William loves looking for him.
Deedee made himself a bed in our tissue box (sign says, "SHH! Elf sleeping!)
Off to get ready for the 3 year old elf's return. We missed him so much. Thanks for giving him a fun time, Gula and Pop-Pop!










I miss the "My First" clothes. She is so cute! Love the pictures in your baby dress and the bassinet shot is magazine worthy!
ReplyDeleteGwen in the bassinet are such intimate, beautiful photos!
ReplyDelete