


Yesterday was a dreary, rainy, gray day, so during your nap, I pulled out the Christmas decorations. It's amazing what a few trips up and down the attic stairs will bring.We don't have our real tree yet, but I did put up a mini (3 feet or so) tabletop one. I couldn't wait for you to wake up from your nap to show you everything. When I finally heard rustling on the baby monitor, followed by a little, "Mommy, open door? Mommy, come in," I raced to bring you downstairs. I told you that something special was downstairs, and your eyes were wide as you held my hand and we walked down the steps.
When I plugged the tree lights in, your eyes lit up, too. Christmas is going to be so fun this year! You had so much fun pitter pattering around the house pointing out the decorations. Stockings! "Christmas berries" (garlands)! Wreaths! And your favorites, "Orments!" We have had a few little chats about not touching the ornaments on the tree, but you are being a good boy.
The first thing you did this morning after shouting "OOOOOOH!" when we turned on the tree lights was to start working on your snowman stacking ring puzzle. You are really in the spirit!
I'm just waiting until you remember the holy grail of all Christmas decor: the jingle bells on the front door. You call them "jingy bells" and there must not be anything more exciting in the whole wide world. I've never seen a bigger smile.
This is the earliest I've ever decorated, but Thanksgiving is next week and we will be gone (to both grandparents' homes) so I thought it just might be socially acceptable to put things up now.
I'd say you gave your approval!

No comments:
Post a Comment