No reason to rush, so I laid in your bed with you reading for longer than usual, and we talked. I love that we can really talk now. I love finally knowing what you're thinking about.
After we read books about bunnies and tractors, you gave me a "nose kiss" (eskimo kiss) and thought it was funny to look at my eyes very closely. All of a sudden you said, "Green eyes," and I wasn't quite sure I'd heard you correctly. "What, honey?" "Green eyes," you said again. Why yes, William I do have green eyes. Aren't you a little flirt!
As if that wasn't enough to make this Mommy melt, a minute later you told me you loved me. This is the second time you've done it - earlier this week was the first. We were in the kitchen in the middle of the day, and I asked if you wanted a snack. You smiled, looked at me, and said "Youuu, Mama" and made a shy little smiley face. It might sound silly, but your Daddy and I know. That's how you say "I love you." We've been trying to get you to pronounce "love" for months now, but it's a hard word. But there's a certain inflection and a certain way you say "Youuu" when it's part of your "I love you," and you've said it to me twice now, out of the blue and totally unsolicited.
I handled the kitchen "I love you" pretty well, but tonight while we were talking about our day and you suddenly told me, I'll admit that I teared up immediately. My little sweetie.
Of course, in true boy fashion, the moment quickly passed and your little brain jumped on to thinking about the alpaca farm we went to today. "Funny pacas," you said and made yourself giggle. "Funny pacas eating. William... Mommy... feeding. Paca farm. Farmer feeding."
You are so grown up.
Youuu, William.
No comments:
Post a Comment