
Recent 18-month shot. He looks SO big to me here!

Our Number One Man is very proud to announce that last night HE went #1 in the potty! I had to employ some real self-restraint to not rush to the computer and post this exciting development on Facebook, to shout it from the rooftops. (I figure if you're here and reading about William, you don't mind a quick tale of potty success, but an unsuspecting, single friend with no interest in kids, let alone MY kids' bathroom activities, might not appreciate it showing up on their home page!)
We've had a little potty seat in William's bathroom for a few weeks now, and only ask him to sit on it when he's getting undressed for the bath. I figured that yes, it's early, but some kids do show signs of readiness at this age, and it couldn't hurt to have it out for him to see and get used to. I didn't think that we'd have any victories this early on, though!
It was my bath night last night (Daddy and I take turns so that W has fun time with both of us) and as usual I asked William to sit on his little frog potty, and try to go to the bathroom. Lo and behold, as the tub was filling, he did just that! Never thought you'd hear a play by play about #1, did you?
I called Esch in, and we clapped, made a big deal about William's new skill, and told him how proud we were. He was mainly concerned with hopping into the bath to play with his toys. As he should have been. Our little restroom champion.
It has been a rainy, rainy week here in the Lehigh Valley. We had a relaxing weekend at home (I think it might literally be the last one of the Summer - we're traveling constantly!) and spent a gray Sunday at a new park nearby. We stopped at a garden/landscaping center on the way home as signs of fresh fruit tempted us (and then it was nowhere to be found!) but William had fun playing on a life-size horsey for a bit. Other than 2 photo sessions (and 1 rescheduled due to the weather) the three of us got to hang out all weekend, and it was great. We played tee ball, we read books, watched a few "shows" (William's new word - he points at the TV. Lucky for us he doesn't really care about watching the TV, but lets us have things on in the background while he plays), and made some yummy meals.

This coming week we have all kinds of fun planned: a play date with the playgroup tomorrow, to the Please Touch Museum in Philly on Thursday, and off to Clarion AND State College over the long Memorial Day weekend. Hooray!
Congrats on the potty success :)
ReplyDeleteHee hee, thanks :)
ReplyDelete