Monday, January 24, 2011

Poor baby!




Oh, little William - you scared us this weekend! You had a low grade temperature of 100.4 to 100.8 (your first fever EVER! We have been so lucky up until now!) and were very stuffy. You weren't quite acting like yourself on Friday night, and all day Saturday. You were very lethargic, would just lay on us and cuddle, and your eyes looked red and "sad." You just looked sick.


Sunday was really bad. You refused to eat or drink anything! We were so worried about you. We gave you Tylenol whenever the time limit would allow, and tried constantly to get something in you. You did NOT want milk, water, juice, anything! Not from a bottle, not from a cup... it was awful. I felt so badly for you!

Finally in the evening it had been almost 24 hours since you'd had a normal drink. You'd only had about 2 ounces of liquid in a whole day and that is NOT good, especially for a little guy.

We took you to the ER. Sounds like an overreaction, but on a Sunday night, that's really the only option. As soon as the nurse checked you, she said you were dehydrated (we knew that!), and as soon as the Dr. peeked into your mouth, he said "Well, I don't even have to look any further. It's strep."

No wonder you didn't want to swallow anything. Poor little William! We found a pharmacy that was open (made it by about 10 minutes! phew!) and you got some antibiotics.

You were still feeling awful, but you were such a good boy. You had your first taste of Jell-o (weird texture, Mommy!) to get some liquid into you, and went to bed.

I am so thankful and so relieved to have you "back" today! You're smiling again, moving around, "asking" to turn on music, and up to your usual antics. Thank goodness! And thank goodness Nanna and Grandpa were here to help you (and Mommy and Daddy!) feel better.


I am VERY happy to report that after the photos taken this weekend (above), this is what you look like today!


One of the worst technical photos I've taken lately - and couldn't be happier about it, because it means you are on the mend and back to being your wonderful little self. I completely missed focus because you were moving all over the place, you've got a milk mustache because you're eating and drinking again, and I don't mind one little bit! Who would?! Look at that smile.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment